Saturday 15 September 2012

Review; Clinique Chubby Sticks

I love the styling of these, they remind of chunky crayons I had as a kid. I also love the fact that I can take them out & about without having to worry about needing a sharpener. 

It's difficult to dislike these tinted lip balms as the formula is beautifully smooth but solid enough to hold its shape in the crayon. They don't wear down anywhere near as quickly as I anticipated. They feel nice on the lip but the moisturising effect doesn't last very long once the balm has worn off. Saying that, these little sticks have reasonable staying power (withstood 2 coffees, a cigarette & a flap jack!).
The colour pay off is disappointing though. I can only comment on Richer Raisin & Super Strawberry as I've not even swatched the others. Richer Raisin is so close to my natural lip colour it is perfect for using with every day neutrals. I've used the Strawberry less but it is a nice alternative to a pale pink gloss when I want something a little more subtle.

It took several layers before I could get enough colour to take a picture.

I was expecting something more pigmented, like the Revlon Lip Butters, but these are super sheer. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, they're perfect for casual looks or barely there make up, but I was after something fresher & brighter. Perhaps I should have done a bit more research before leaping into an online purchase but they looked so funky & the advertising really caught my eye! Probably wouldn't rebuy these but I'll get use from them & they last ages, even with frequent reapplication so value for money wise they score quite highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment