Sunday 30 September 2012

Review; Estée Lauder Flawless Wear Stay in Place Concealer

This concealer, part of the Double Wear range, after a rave review from a trusted friend I invested in the medium shade. I'd usually go for a slightly lighter shade but she was told (by an Estée Lauder artist) to go a shade darker for under eyes so I thought i'd give it a go. The medium shade, although scarily dark, is quite peachy so I thought it'd work much like a corrector.
The concealer comes in a tube with a typical rabbit foot applicator. It's very heavily pigmented which is great because you can use minimal product but still hide some pretty meaty dark circles. I've been using aroun d a third less than I'd normally wear if using Revlon Beyond Natural or Benefit Boi-ing.
I have found some long wear products to be a bit dry but this seems to mimic my skin nicely without creasing, becoming greasy or fading for about 8 hours It blends into my foundation well & sets quickly. I particularly like the fact I didn't need to powder it to get it to last, for me this is such a bonus as I find most powders begin to look flakey & cakey by lunchtime, especially when I'm tired.
If this product is an indication of the staying power of the whole range I can see why it has an army of devoted followers. I can see this concealer becoming a firm favourite within my collection. I can't wait to get this in a lighter shade so I can use it on my blemishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment