Wednesday 19 September 2012

Wish List For October

Every month on Payday I treat myself to a little haul of beauty goodies. On the wish list, amongst the usual eye colours and lotions & potions, this month are cream blushers, nude lips and concealers. I'd love recommendations and suggestions so please leave a comment and I'll let you know how I get on. 


On the look out for skin care.

I'm currently intrigued by cleansing oils. Having slightly oily skin I've always steered clear of anything oily on my face but having read so interesting reviews lately I'm currently after Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Oil or High Performance Balancing Beauty Oil. I think I'd follow up with an old favourite Bioderma Ceraline H2O used as a toner so I feel squeaky clean. I used the Bioderma obsessively for months until I kind of forgot about it but I think I'm going to dig out the dregs of a bottle that's lingering in the back of the cupboard and reignite my love for it. 
I'm also keen to try Clinique's Take Off the Day cleansing balm. I'm a big fan of the Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. I love a hot cloth, I always feel really deeply clean afterwards particularly if I've worn heavy foundation. I've not heard much about the Clinique one but if I can find one on eBay I think it'll be worth a try.
Finally, inspired by an article in the current Glamour magazine, I'm hoping to try some products for combination skin, namely, Decleor Cleanse Fresh Purifying Gel and Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil.


I Hide it Well.

Concealers are on my radar this month as I come to the end of yet another pot of Boi-ing. Having read hundreds of reviews of the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage I think that's going to be top of the list but I'm also going to try the Collection/Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection as it seems to be doing well in the reviews and its cheapy cheap, cheap. If I happen to be in the MAC store I may take a look at the Studio Finish which I've always shied away from because I don't get on very well with MAC foundations. If all else fails i may return to the Vichy Dermablend as I've used it in the past with pretty good results.


The Naked Lip

Finally, I'm going to spend some time on nude lips. Now when I think nude lips I usually reach for a balm, tinted balm or subtle gloss. When it comes to nude colour I always get it wrong. Its either too brown, too pale or too pink. I'm going to start by investing in a No7 Perfect Lips Pencil in Nude and brandish it like a weapon as I scour the counters for a matching lipstick, perhaps something like MAC Blankety or Hue or Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude. 
Also looking forward to trying the Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip cream in Angel Delight & Fairy Cake. With Winter on the way I'll be keeping my eyes open for balms and salve as well.


A Rosy Glow

I've never really taken to cream blusher but with the colder weather by dry patches will surely expand so I think its time I properly experimented with a creamy texture that will hopefully add a healthy dewy glow as well as a bit of colour.. I'll probably start with a Max Factor Miracle Touch as I like the foundation and the colours I've swatched have been lovely, especially Soft Murano. Also like the look of Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Pinched.

So there end's my shopping list for this month, now all I've got to do is count the days to payday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment