Tuesday 23 October 2012

October's Glossybox

Can't believe it's been a month since the last Glossy arrival but it appears I have another before me begging to be dissected.
This months box has had mixed reviews among bloggers and their followers. It seems it's contents were varied & lots of folk only received 4 items (I have since read this is a mistake & if you contact them they'll rectify). I'll admit that at first glance I was slightly underwhelmed but on closer inspection & after trying a couple of things I've concluded its a pretty good box. Here's what I got.

 Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal, Instant Anti Wrinkle Moisturiser. I've never tried this brand before although I have been tempted & as my motivation for subscribing was to broaden my brand horizons, this is happily received. It contains Hyaluronic Acid & botanic extracts of witch hazel, blue agave sap and maple tree sap. It claims to instantly smooth wrinkles whilst providing deep moisturisation & I reckon it works! I've been using this at night for week as well as some mornings &  I'm hooked. Love the gel texture, it feels refreshing. Love how quickly is absorbs into the skin. Love the fact the wrinkles on my forehead do look improved. This 30ml tube is worth £18 so alone more than justifies the cost if the box. I'll definitely be rebuying this & as glossybox have emailed me a discount code (£5 off and free delivery) valid until December I may try a couple more products from the range too!

Anatomicals 'Don't just clean it woman' Body Scrub. At the risk if sounding snobby, Glossybox was billed to me as luxury samples & I'm not sure I'd class this brand as luxury. However I am a fan of the brand & has just run out of scrub so its arrival is well timed. It smells nice & fresh, which is lovely but I tend to prefer a more indulgent smelling scrub as I like to use them before bed. It left my skin smooth & soft though. It's a good product just not really to my taste. 

Skinetica Anti Blemish Solution. Not really sure about this one yet. Never having heard of the brand I did a bit of googling and it would seem this is their only product but the customer comments are very positive.  I've used it on an outbreak on my chin, which was probably already on its decline, for 2 days & it seemed really gentle which I liked but not sure if the results were due to the lotion or not. It didn't tingle or sting & wasn't drying. I intend to give it a more rigorous test but I do have quite a collection of blemish gels etc so I can see this getting lost amongst them. The website are selling 100ml bottles for £9.99 with a discount for buying in bulk. 

Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NYC. Love the shade I received, its black with an incredibly fine red glitter running through it. The red shimmer is so subtle but catches the light occasionally and adds a bit of dimension to the shade. The 5 in 1 formula (which claims to include base coat, strengthener, conditioner, colour & top coat) is lovely to apply, I only needed one coat which is pretty good going for such a dark shade. I've been looking to update my nail polish collection after taking better care of my nails & this is a great autumn/winter vampy hue. It's worth about £7 too!

Green People Organic Self Tan. I'm kind of renown for my pale & interesting nature therefore I'm not so sure I'll try this but I am in need of a bit of a glow for an up coming wedding so may be brave & try this instead of my usual L'Oreal Nutribronze. It smells ok and i like the idea of an organic tanning product but think the sample is a bit on the stingey side size wise! It certainly won't be enough for a trial and a full application. A 200ml bottle retails for £18.95 and theres a discount code for 30% off before 16/11. 

With the exception of the self tan, I'll definitely use these products and have perhaps been swayed into buying some more Yves Rocher & will be taking a look at the other shades in the Sally Hanson range. I think the box has more than justified its price and will be eagerly awaiting the postman again next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment