Friday 9 November 2012

Urban Decay Afterglow Score

Score
I've recently rekindled my love affair with Urban Decay and this cream blush is well worth a quick review. I picked it up on a recent trip to Debenhams, it cost £18. The formula is really smooth without any greasiness. It is full of niceties for the skin like vitamins A, C and E. It glides on over liquid and cream foundations without any trouble. I've not tried it over powder. Its very sheer which I like as I can use it to give the merest glint of health to my skin or build it for a more noticeable effect. It can be built up without feeling too caked as it is so light weight. I was hoping it'd last a bit longer than it did, about 4 hours wear in normal day time conditions, but the sturdy compact comes with a mirror so touch ups are not a problem. The sales assistant also used it on my lips and although it was fine, a bit balmy with a hint of colour, it was nothing to write home about. If you happened to be caught without a lip product and were in desperate need this would do.
Vice Palette
 It is available in 7 shades and I'll definitely be picking up Greedy and Crush. As a recent convert to cream blushers I want to start experimenting with more dramatic colours and I think the sheerness of these would be a great place to start. At the counter the sales assistant used Urbanglow cream highlight on my cheeks and nose at the same time and I was very tempted by it as it looked amazing. It was really smooth and not too blingy, a lot like Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow but with more punch to it. I showed remarkable restraint and declined but I can see that creeping into my box at some point soon too. Its also worth checking out the Vice palette. Twenty brand, spanking new shades, satins, shimmers and matts with a remarkably good (considering the normal standard of applicators that come with palettes) double ended brush. It RRPs for £42, worth it for Noise and Unhinged alone, in my opinion. I can see this being a really usable collection that I think would do as well for every day looks as it would evening drama. I do hope Father Christmas knows his way round an Urban Decay counter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment